The modern swimming pool in Radovljica boasts an Olympic-size swimming pool (operating all-year round, in the colder months covered by a “balloon”), a children’s pool and a fitness centre. The second pool is located in the complex of Camp Šobec in Lesce and boasts a blue flag, which is considered a sign of the highest quality and cleanliness. We also recommend swimming in Lake Bled, which is 6 km from Radovljica.
Fishing is popular in Radol’ca, mainly on the Sava river, where you can catch brown trout, rainbow trout and grayling. Just 6 km away you can fish in Lake Bled, while the beautiful Lake Bohinj is located 32 km away.
For beginners we recommend riding lessons in the arena, while for those who are experienced in the saddle guided off-road riding would be a perfect choice. Families can also enjoy rides in a horse and carriage.
Adrenaline sports are popular in the Gorenjska region. We recommend rafting and kayaking on the Sava river, canyoning in the Grmečica or Jerečica gorges, paintball and zorb ball in Radovljica and tandem skydiving at Lesce airport. The adventure park, zipline and summer toboggan run at Straža Bled offer a real treat for the whole family.
The best golf course in Slovenia, Bled Golf Course, is only 4 km away from Radovljica. It stretches over almost a hundred hectares of land and comprises the King’s Course with 18 holes and the Lake Course with 9 holes. Playing is possible from March to November. If you wish you can attend the golf school which is suitable both for beginners and experienced players. Our Guests enjoy a 20 % disount on Green fees.
If you want to try other golf courses nearby (less than 50 km) we recommend the following 8 interesting courses:
- Kärntner Golfclub Dellach – 32 km (Austria)
- Golfclub Klagenfurt Seltenheim – 35 km (Austria)
- Golfclub Austria Wörthersee – 36 km (Austria)
- Golf igrišče Arboretum – 37 km (Slovenia)
- Diners Golf & Country Club Ljubljana – 38 km (Slovenia)
- Golfclub Finkenstein – 47 km (Austria)
- Country club Tarvisio – 48 km (Italy)
- Golf Trnovo Ljubljana – 50 km (Slovenia)
Gorenjska is a paradise for cyclists. Wonderful cycling tours take you to Bled, Kropa, to the pilgrimage centre of Brezje or to Begunje and Žirovnica.
Easy bike paths, which are suitable for families are:
- Lowland cycling route
- Family Bicycle Trail
- Cycling tours in Bled, Brezje, and to Kamen Castle in Begunje.
More information about cycling tours.
Kunstelj offers rental of top quality Gary Fisher mountain bikes including helmets. We also offer child seats.
Radovljica is an excellent choice for both lesser and more experienced hikers.
Easier hiking trails are also suitable for families including:
- The Grabnarica Water Educational Path
- The Fuks Footbridge Nature Trail to Lipnica Castle
- Lamberg Path, Shepherd’s Path, Peters Path, Brezje Path of Peace
- Vodice mountain
- Talež hill and Goška highland
Recreational hiking trails:
- Roblek Mountain Hut
- Mt. Stol – the highest peak in the Karavanke
- Mt. Begunjščica
- Debela peč on the Pokljuka plateau and other trails in Triglav National Park
Advanced hiking trails:
- Triglav – Slovenia’s highest mountain
- Via Ferrata
More information about hiking trails.